Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Showering Obstacles with Light

Talk about stepping out….I am in Sedona AZ. Of course this is a great distance from New York and my life of obligations.  When I had heard that a friend and energy intuitive was hosting a trip to Sedona AZ something in me just said “I have to go.”  At first the date was going to be in May or June, then late September.  Finally, early September was chosen.  It didn’t matter to me, no matter what or when I was going! The red rocks were calling!

 Now that I had made my mind up I had to configure the obligations and details to fit.  I have never done anything like this before, and never has my mind been so keenly aware that this is something that I need to do.  In the past I would let the obstacles clutter the way and then walk away from my goal.  Really, what are most obstacles anyway?  They are limits and perceptions that our minds allow us to believe to be true.  Simply put, in the past I would have said, “I would love to go to Sedona but I cannot afford it.”  A valid point at times, but is it really? In my case I was now dedicated to the end result.  I knew that I have provided my family what they have “needed”, but what about me? So in my heart of hearts I just knew that I was destined to take this trip and low and behold my sister who travels the world for business gave me the necessary frequent flyer miles for an airplane ticket….and a first class one to boot!!!  At work we finished a special project and I received a bonus that was sufficient to cover the cost of the hotel.  Now what were we saying about limits?
 Sometimes, deep down within ourselves we know we really know what it is we need to feed our souls and the Universe agrees. 
I am a lover of quotes and two days ago on Facebook I saw what I had posted as my status the same day a year prior.  This is what it said:
  "It's all about being lost enough to want to find yourself."...........Joan Erikson
And then while sitting in Chicago’s O’Hare Airport waiting for my connecting flight to Phoenix I opened a book to a page and this was the quote that was staring at me:

‎"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in; their beauty is revealed only when there is a light from within."......Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
  And within these two quotes lies the theme of this whole trip.  Finding the light within yourself!!!

  It is not necessary to travel afar to find it.  The light is there as it always has been.  Sometimes shining bright and other days it is dim.  And sometimes you just need a little nudge to brighten it.  So here is the message, take time for yourself, nurture your soul, and find what you enjoy. 
Today while traveling the Flight Attendants reminded of a very important point. Something that I usually seem to forget.  Always place the oxygen mask on yourself first, if you don’t you will not be of service to others…….

No comments:

Post a Comment